FireBoard800-e™ Pro Dual is Unibrain’s next generation of 1394b PCI Express x1 add-in interface card, which features two (2) 1394b (Firewire-800) busses with two (2) 1394b 9 pin ports allocated for each bus.
Fireboard800-e Pro DualTM is ideal for multi-camera acquisition systems that require fast and reliable data transfers to the host system.
The card allows simultaneous image acquisition from up to 16 cameras at total data throughput of 160 MB/sec using a single x1 PCIe slot, and utilizes deep isochronous FIFO’s that guarantee an uninterrupted data flow.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 32/64 bit, Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Mac OS X 10.4.x or later.
- Fireboard800-e Pro Dual bulk: 1236
- Fireboard800-e Pro Dual with embedded hardware FireAPI™/Fire-i API SDK™ license: 1722
IIDC Firewire Digital Cameras
Each bus of Fireboard800-e™ Pro Dual can connect up to 63 IIDC firewire digital cameras in a peer-to-peer topology. Using Unibrain’s Fire-i™ Software you can connect up to 126 firewire cameras and simultaneously control and stream simultaneously up to sixteen (16) of them, thus providing an advanced interface solution for machine vision, security, GPS mapping and other professional applications.
External Firewire Hard Drives
You can connect a multiple array of external FireWire devices such as CD-R/W or DVD drives easily. Just plug-in any SBP2 FireWire External Hard Drive to the installed Fireboard800-e™ Pro Dual adapter and immediately add storage to your PC. Unibrain’s Fireboard800-e™ Pro Dual has been thoroughly tested to operate seamlessly with Unibrain’s entire range of External FireWire Hard Drives as well as any third party external storage devices.
Simply connect any DV or HD-DV camcorder to your PC or Mac via Unibrain Fireboard800-e™ Pro Dual Host Adapter. Capture, produce and share your digital video, with any digital video application fast and seamlessly, connecting and operating two camcorders simultaneously.
Fireboard800-ePro Dual™ Host Adapter provides two separate Firewire buses and the benefit of using one single PCIe slot for actually two Firewire adapters. It brings high-performance IEEE-1394b technology to PCI Express systems. Based on the LSI FW643E PCI Express® 1394b Host Controller with integrated Link and PHY, provides high performance serial connectivity. The FW643E is capable of transferring data between the PCI Express x1 bus and the 1394 bus at 100Mbits/sec, 200Mbits/sec, 400Mbits/sec and 800Mbits/sec. Fireboard800-e™ provides 4 IEEE 1394b Fully Compliant Cable Ports (2 for each bus).
- Dual LSI FW643-e, High Performance 1394b to PCI Express OHCI integrated Link/PHY host controller chipset.
- OHCI Compliant/Compatible with any FireWire device or peripheral.
- Serial data rates: 400Mbps and 800Mbps.
- Four (4) fully backward compatible, Bilingual 1394b, 9 pin ports at up to 800 Megabits per second (Mbit/sec).
- Internal power connector (big IDE) for extra power stability.
- Industrial 1394b screw lock cables support.
- RoHS and WEEE compliant.
- Sixteen (16) independent isochronous transmit/receive DMA channels.
- 160 Mbytes/sec total bandwidth throughput.
- Operating Temperature: 0~65′ C, Storage Temperature: -20 ~ 100′ C.
- Humidity Operating : 0 ~ 80% RH, Non-condensing.
Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI)
- Enhanced with the 1394 OHCI 1.2 draft specification for 1394b Phy full operational compliance.
- OHCI 1.0 backwards compatible.
- Isochronous receive dual-buffer mode.
- Supports enhanced isochronous transmit skip/overflow.
- Enhanced CSR (configuration status register) implementation.
- Autonomous configuration ROM update.
- Enhanced power management support.
- Enhanced self-ID protocol including selfIDComplete2 event.
- Enhanced FIFO characteristics:
- 8 Kbyte isochronous transmit FIFO.
- 4 Kbyte asynchronous transmit FIFO.
- 8 Kbyte isochronous receive FIFO.
- 8 Kbyte asynchronous receive FIFO.
- Dedicated asynchronous and isochronous descriptor-based DMA engines.
- Eight isochronous transmit contexts (for each bus).
- Eight isochronous receive contexts (for each bus).
- Prefetches isochronous transmit data.
- Supports posted write transactions.
- Supports parallel processing of incoming physical read and write requests.
- Allows multiple outstanding requests at DMAs.
- Segments transfers into PCI Express-sized requests.
1394b integrated Bilingual PHY and Link
- Cycle master and isochronous resource manager capable.
- Supports 1394a-2000 and 1394b acceleration features.
- Fully supports provisions of IEEE 1394a-2000 and 1394-1995 standard for high-performance serial bus.
- Supports registers to indicate power class modes.
- Supports arbitrated short bus reset to improve utilization of the bus.
- Supports ack-accelerated arbitration and fly-by concatenation.
- Supports multispeed packet concatenation.
- Supports Phy pinging and remote Phy access packets.
- Fully supports port disable/suspend/resume.
- Supports Phy-link interface initialization and reset.
- Fully interoperable with Firewire™ and i.LINK® implementation of IEEE 1394-1995.
- PCIe packet switch compatible with PCI Express Base specification rev. 1.1
- Fully Non-Blocking Switch architecture using 3 PCIe lanes (x1)
- Switch architecture with low packet cut-thru latency.
- Maximum payload size 1024.
- end-to-end CRC protection (ECRC) and Poison-bit support.
- Supports eight user-programmable traffic classes.
- Interrupts via legacy INTx interface or message signaled interrupt (MSI).
- Supports advanced error reporting (AER).
- Supports multiple concurrent transactions for optimum bandwidth utilization.
- Supports 64-bit and 32-bit platforms.
- Integrated 2.5 Gbits/s SerDes for serial data transfer.
- Supports power management link and device states: L0, L0s, L1, L2/L3 and D0.
- Low power consumption that is fully compliant with the PCI Express power management specification.
External power (+12V) connector
All Fireboard800-e™ Pro Dual power for the FW643E controller and any bus power provided to the 1394 connectors are derived from the standard voltages on the PCI-Express connector. However due to the limited availability of 12-V current (for 1394 bus power) an option has been provided to power 12-V rail from an external standard power connector if using bus-powered 1394b devices which require more than the 500 mA that can be drawn (by specification) from the PCI Express x1 Connector.
FCC / CE Compatibility and EMI, EMC testingFireboard800-e™ Pro Dual has successfully passed the EN 55022 (Emissions Environment) and EN 55024 (Immunity Environment) EMI test procedures. Subsequently, this product is fully CE compliant and assigned with the CE mark. Moreover the board is FCC compliant.R : Required, T : TestedEnvironmental Compliances
- RoHS Compliant
- WEEE Compliant
|X||X||Conducted emissions||EN 55022|
|X||X||Radiated emissions||EN 55022|
|X||X||Electrostatic discharges||EN 61000-4-2|
|X||X||Radiated E.M. fields||EN 61000-4-3|
|X||X||Fast transient burst (EFT)||EN 61000-4-4|