FireBoard800-e™ V.2 is Unibrain’s next generation of 1394b PCI Express x1 add-in interface card, based on LSI’s latest 1394b PCI express combined OHCI PHY and Link controller.
This new revision of Firebord800-e incorporates also some new functionality features like 1394b screw lock cables support and improved external power connectivity, adding further stability and usability in industrial and machine vision environments.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 32/64 bit, Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
- Fireboard800-e V.2 bulk: 1232
- Fireboard800-e V.2 with embedded hardware FireAPI™/Fire-i API SDK™ license: 1719
- LSI FW643-e (Enhanced) 1394b to PCI Express OHCI integrated Link/PHY host controller.
- OHCI Compliant/Compatible with any FireWire device or peripheral.
- Serial data rates: 400Mbps and 800Mbps.
- Three (3) fully backward compatible, (1394a-2000 Fully-Compliant) Bilingual 1394b, 9 pin ports at up to 800 Megabits per second (Mbit/sec) – Two external and one internal.
- Internal 4 pin power connector (big IDE).
- Low profile compatible (low profile bracket included).
- Industrial 1394b screw lock cables support.
- RoHS and WEEE compliant.
- Due to its 8 isochronous transmit/receive contexts the Fireboard800-e V2™ host adapter has the unique capability to simultaneously control and display up to 8 FireWire digital cameras.
- Operating Temperature: 0~65′ C, Storage Temperature: -20 ~ 100′ C.
- Humidity Operating : 0 ~ 80% RH, Non-condensing.
IIDC Firewire Digital Cameras
Fireboard800-e™ V2.0 can connect up to 63 IIDC firewire digital cameras in a peer-to-peer topology. Using Unibrain’s Fire-i™ Software you can connect up to 63 firewire cameras and simultaneously control and display up to eight (8) of them, thus providing an advanced interface solution for machine vision, security, GPS mapping and other professional applications.
External Firewire Hard Drives
You can connect a multiple array of external FireWire devices such as CD-R/W or DVD drives easily. Just plug-in any SBP2 FireWire External Hard Drive to the installed Fireboard800-e™ adapter and immediately add storage to your PC. Unibrain’s Fireboard800-e™ has been thoroughly tested to operate seamlessly with Unibrain’s entire range of External FireWire Hard Drives as well as any third party external storage devices.
Simply connect any DV or HD-DV camcorder to your PC or Mac via Unibrain Fireboard800-e™ Host Adapter. Capture, produce and share your digital video, with any digital video application fast and seamlessly.
Fireboard800-e™ Host Adapter brings high-performance IEEE-1394b technology to PCI Express systems. Based on the LSI FW643-e PCI Express® 1394b Host Controller with integrated Link and PHY, provides high performance serial connectivity. The FW643-e is capable of transferring data between the PCI Express x1 bus and the 1394 bus at 100Mbits/sec, 200Mbits/sec, 400Mbits/sec and 800Mbits/sec. Fireboard800-e™ provides three IEEE 1394b Fully Compliant Cable Ports.
Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI)
- Enhanced with the 1394 OHCI 1.2 draft specification for 1394b Phy full operational compliance.
- OHCI 1.0 backwards compatible.
- Isochronous receive dual-buffer mode.
- Supports enhanced isochronous transmit skip/overflow.
- Enhanced CSR (configuration status register) implementation.
- Autonomous configuration ROM update.
- Enhanced power management support.
- Enhanced self-ID protocol including selfIDComplete2 event.
- Enhanced FIFO characteristics:
- 8 Kbyte isochronous transmit FIFO.
- 4 Kbyte asynchronous transmit FIFO.
- 8 Kbyte isochronous receive FIFO.
- 8 Kbyte asynchronous receive FIFO.
- Dedicated asynchronous and isochronous descriptor-based DMA engines.
- Eight isochronous transmit contexts.
- Eight isochronous receive contexts.
- Prefetches isochronous transmit data.
- Supports posted write transactions.
- Supports parallel processing of incoming physical read and write requests.
- Allows multiple outstanding requests at DMAs.
- Segments transfers into PCI Express-sized requests.
1394b integrated Bilingual PHY and Link
- Cycle master and isochronous resource manager capable.
- Supports 1394a-2000 and 1394b acceleration features.
- Fully supports provisions of IEEE 1394a-2000 and 1394-1995 standard for high-performance serial bus.
- Supports registers to indicate power class modes.
- Supports arbitrated short bus reset to improve utilization of the bus.
- Supports ack-accelerated arbitration and fly-by concatenation.
- Supports multispeed packet concatenation.
- Supports Phy pinging and remote Phy access packets.
- Fully supports port disable/suspend/resume.
- Supports Phy-link interface initialization and reset.
- Fully interoperable with Firewire™ and i.LINK® implementation of IEEE 1394-1995.
- Full compliance with PCI Express revision 1.1.
- Single lane (x1) architecture.
- Multiple virtual channel (VC0 and VC1) support for differentiating 1394 isochronous traffic.
- Supports eight user-programmable traffic classes.
- Interrupts via legacy INTx interface or message signaled interrupt (MSI).
- Supports advanced error reporting (AER).
- Supports multiple concurrent transactions for optimum bandwidth utilization.
- Supports 64-bit and 32-bit platforms.
- Supports active-state power management (ASPM).
- Integrated 2.5 Gbits/s SerDes for serial data transfer.
- Supports all power management link and device states: L0, L0s, L1, L2/L3, D0, D1, D2 and D3.
- Low power consumption in and fast transition out of a low-powered Rx mode.
- Low power consumption in Tx electrical idle.
- Supports in-band beacon transmission and side-band WAKE_N signaling mechanism.
- Both Tx and Rx termination impedances are automatically calibrated using an external reference resistance.
- Supports Type 0 (endpoint) PCI-compatible configuration space and PCI Express extended configuration space.
External power (+12V) connector
All Fireboard800-e™ power for the FW643 controller and any bus power provided to the 1394 connectors are derived from the standard voltages on the PCI-Express connector. However due to the limited availability of 12-V current (for 1394 bus power) an option has been provided to power 12-V rail from an external standard power connector if using bus-powered 1394b devices which require more than the 500 mA that can be drawn (by specification) from the PCI Express x1 Connector.
12V DC – CAUTION: additional power supply voltage on the Firewire bus should be equal to 12V.
FCC / CE Compatibility and EMI, EMC testing
Fireboard800-e™ has successfully passed the EN 55022 (Emissions Environment) and EN 55024 (Immunity Environment) EMI test procedures. Subsequently, this product is fully CE compliant and assigned with the CE mark. Moreover the board is FCC compliant.
R : Required, T : Tested
- RoHS Compliant
- WEEE Compliant
|X||X||Conducted emissions||EN 55022|
|X||X||Radiated emissions||EN 55022|
|X||X||Electrostatic discharges||EN 61000-4-2|
|X||X||Radiated E.M. fields||EN 61000-4-3|
|X||X||Fast transient burst (EFT)||EN 61000-4-4|