The USB 3.0 Active Optical Cable (AOC) is designed to be compliant with SuperSpeed USB electrical specifications, offering seamless interoperability between existing USB 3.0 hosts, hubs and devices, ensuring a trouble-free plug-and-play experience.
With an ultra-thin profile and long reach, the USB 3.0 AOC breaks the distance barrier and introduces a cost-effective and high-performance solution enabling existing devices to be used in new ways such as for industrial and security cameras, Industrial and Medical machine control and High-Definition surveillance.
NEW Support for USB 2.0 devices via the supplemental USB Adapter™.
This adapter is included by-default in the package.
The USB 2.0 “Super” adapter adds USB 2.0 support to the Active Optical Cables (AOC) while still allowing USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connections.
It comes with a power adapter (5V/2A) which can be used for powering the bus for devices that are bus powered.
Lengths and Order part numbers:
- 10m (33 ft) Type-A to Type-A USB 3.0 ports (Part # 1684)
- 20m (65 ft) Type-A to Type-A USB 3.0 ports (Part # 1680)
- 50m (164 ft) Type-A to Type-A USB 3.0 ports (Part # 1681)
- 100m (328 ft) Type-A to Type-A USB 3.0 ports (Part # 1682)
- USB Adapter™ (Part # 1683)
Custom lengths available upon request
- Available in 10, 20, 50 and 100 meters. Custom/OEM lengths are also possible under volume commitment.
- Actual bandwidth utilization: The 20m and 50m cables can utilize the maximum practical USB 3.0 bus sustained transfer, around 3-3.2 Gbps maximum. The 100m cable can reach speeds up to 2.5 Gbps.
- Plug-and-play, hot-swap support.
- Supports USB 3.0 up to 5Gbps.
- Support for USB 2.0 devices via the supplemental USB Adapter.
- Low power consumption, minimal EMI/RFI due to Fiber Optic cable technology.
- Specification of Fiber Optical Cable: 80/125 multimode, LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) BIBS Fiber
- Thin cable diameter, only 3.0mm.
- Rohs-2 (EU 2011/65/EU) , REACH compliant.
- Package includes: USB Adapter for AOC and its power adapter.