This version of the Fireboardblue-e has been discontinued and is replaced by the new model
FireBoardBlue-e™ is a fast and reliable PCI Express x1 add-in interface card for all external FireWire-enabled devices. Now, Digital Cameras, Hard Drives, CD/DVD drives and Digital Camcorders can be connected to FireboardBlue-e™ in a snap.
FireboardBlue-e™ is a 2-port, single chip, OHCI-compliant 1394/FireWire® host PCI Express adapter for PC systems that provides plug ‘n’ play connectivity for FireWire® devices and peripherals.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 32/64 bit, Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Mac 10.4.x or later.
- FireboardBlue-e bulk: 1213
- Retail Kit with 2m 1394a 6pin to 6pin cable: 1214
- FireboardBlue-e with hardware Fire-i / Fire-i API™ SDK license: 1134
- FireboardBlue-e with hardware FireAPI™ SDK license: 1711
- Texas Instruments XIO2200A PCI Express to PCI Bus Bridge.
- OHCI Compliant/Compatible with any FireWire device or peripheral.
- 400Mbps – up to 50MB/sec data rates.
- Internal “big-IDE” power connector.
- Enables data transfer of real time copying for large files using Unibrain’s FireNet™ networking driver.
- Due to its 4 isochronous transmit/receive contexts the FireboardBlue-e™ host adapter has the exceptional feature to simultaneously control and display up to 4 FireWire digital cameras.
- RoHS/WEEE compliant.
- Operating Temperature: 0~65′ C
- Humidity Operating : 0 ~ 80% RH, Non-condensing.
- Low profile bracked included.
IIDC Firewire Digital Cameras
FireboardBlue-e™ is ideal for IIDC industrial and machine vision applications. Using Unibrain’s Fire-i™ Software you can connect up to 63 firewire cameras and simultaneously control and display up to four of them, or more, using Unibrain’s MultiDMA functionality, thus providing an advanced interface solution for machine vision, security, GPS mapping and other professional applications.
External Firewire Hard Drives
You can connect a multiple array of external FireWire devices such as CD-R/W or DVD drives easily. Just plug-in any SBP2 FireWire External Hard Drive to the installed FireboardBlue-e™ adapter and immediately add storage to your PC. Unibrain’s FireboardBlue-e™ has been thoroughly tested to operate seamlessly with Unibrain’s entire range of External FireWire Hard Drives as well as any third party external storage devices.
Simply connect any DV Camcorder to your PC via Unibrain FireboardBlue-e™ Host Adapter. Capture, produce and share your digital video, with any digital video application from your PC.
FireboardBlue-e™ Host Adapter brings high-performance IEEE-1394 technology to PCI Express systems. Based on the Texas Instruments XIO2200A, a PCI Express to PCI Bus Translation Bridge with 1394a OHCI and Two-Port PHY provides high performance serial connectivity. The XIO2200A is capable of transferring data between the PCI Express x1 bus and the 1394 bus at 100Mbits/sec, 200Mbits/sec, and 400Mbits/sec. FireboardBlue–e™ provides two IEEE 1394a‑2000 Fully Compliant Cable Ports.
Integrated Physical Layer
- Two IEEE-1394a Compliant Cable Ports with speeds up to 400 Mbps.
- Cable ports monitor line conditions for active connection to remote node.
- Cable power presence monitoring.
Embedded 1394 Link Core
- Fully Compliant With Provisions of IEEE Std 1394-1995 for a High-Performance Serial Bus and IEEE Std 1394a-2000
- Fully Compliant with 1394 Open Host Controller Interface Specification, Revision 1.1
- Full IEEE Std 1394a−2000 Support Includes: Connection Debounce, Arbitrated Short Reset, Multispeed Concatenation, Arbitration Acceleration, Fly-by Concatenation, and Port Disable/Suspend/Resume
- Full x1 PCI Express Throughput.
- Fully Compliant with PCI Express to PCI/PCI-X Bridge Specification, Revision 1.0.
- Fully Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification, Revision 1.0a.
Configuration Serial EEPROM
Low Power Dissipation Circuitry
External power (+12V) connector
All FireboardBlue-e™ power for the XIO2200A and any bus power provided to the 1394 connectors are provided or derived from the standard voltages provided on the PCI-Express connector. However due to the limited availability of 12-V current (for 1394 bus power) an option has been provided to power 12-V rail from an external standard power connector if using bus-powered 1394a devices which require more than the 500 mA that can be drawn (by specification) from the PCI Express x1 Connector.
12V DC – CAUTION: additional power supply voltage on the Firewire bus should be equal to 12V
FCC / CE Compatibility and EMI, EMC testing
FireboardBlue-e™ has successfully passed the EN 55022 (Emissions Environment) and EN 55024 (Immunity Environment) EMI test procedures. Subsequently, this product is fully CE compliant and assigned with the CE mark. Moreover the board is FCC compliant.
R : Required, T : Tested
- RoHS Compliant
- WEEE Compliant
|X||X||Conducted emissions||EN 55022|
|X||X||Radiated emissions||EN 55022|
|X||X||Electrostatic discharges||EN 61000-4-2|
|X||X||Radiated E.M. fields||EN 61000-4-3|
|X||X||Fast transient burst (EFT)||EN 61000-4-4|