*This product has been discontinued
Unibrain’s CAT5 Repeater-400™ provides a low cost solution for extending the firewire bus by using standard CAT-5e (crossover) or CAT-6 type cables.
The transmission speed can reach up to 400 Mbps at maximum length of 70 meters (~ 230 ft).
CAT5 Repeater-400™ is using the new TSB41BA3D 1394b PHY from Texas Instruments and EqCologic’s 1394b to UTP cabling equalizer. It is optimized to create long-haul IEEE 1394b-2002 connections over CAT-5 or CAT-6 at the S400 data rate, but it can also be used at S200 and S100.
- Two (2) 1394a (Firewire 400) 6 pin ports operating at 100/200/400 Megabits per Second (Mbits/s)
- One (1) UTP RJ45 port.
- DC Power connector: Walkman-type 2.0 mm DC Jack (Power supply adapter included with kit)
- Power Input Range: DC 8V~30V, max. 1.35A.
- Power consumption (at 12V DC): 0.25 W
- Full Duplex Data Rate at 100/200/400 Mbps.
- Fully Interoperable With Firewire, SB1394, and i.LINK Implementation of IEEE Std 1394.
- Operating temperature: 0′ – 60′ C.
- Mechanical dimensions: 112 x 62 x 22 mm (or 112 x 72 x 22 mm, including the firewire ports).
Typical Equalization Performance
|1394 Speed||UTP Cable Type|
|S100||70 m||70 m|
|S200||70 m||70 m|
|S400||70 m||70 m|
Any system equipped with Firewire ports. Devices supported: IIDC firewire cameras, SBP2 hard drives, DV camcorders, Firewire networking.
- Windows support: XP/2003/Vista/7/8, using Unibrain ubCore 1394b drivers.
Note that with native Windows XP/Vista 1394 drivers performance may be degraded as Microsoft does not support the 1394b standard, yet.
For more information, read here
- Mac OS Support: OS X 10.4 or later
Order Part numbers:
- CAT5 Repeater 400™ OEM: 2560
- CAT5 Repeater 400™ Kit: 2561
Kit packaging: A pair of CAT5 Repeater400™ repeaters and DC +12V power supplies.